Apr 21, 2013

Reflections on My Widow Journey

When John and I said, "I do" on June 10, 1972, the possibilities in our life together were unimaginable and endless. As the recessional music carried us down the aisle in front of family and friends, our heads held visions of never-ending love. We were committed to our vows and to each other. "Until death do us part" is what we said  and we meant it. (excerpt from Diane's memoir, Twenty-Eight Snow Angels: A Widow's Story of Love, Loss and Renewal)

Happily married for 28 years, I never thought I'd walk the widow path. In this video, I share my story hoping it will help others. Continuing to donate a portion of my book sales to the "American Widow Project," an organization that supports military widows, widowers and their families. Book info at http://www.outskirtpress.com/snowangels

No comments:

Post a Comment