Oct 25, 2009

Rolling Along With Writing

I am headed for the La Jolla Writers Conference November 6-8th. I have a chunk of my book drafted and ready for feedback. During a "pitch session" I will have three minutes to sell the idea to possible agents and publicists. I am also busy marketing Miriam Daughter of Finnish Immigrants. I participated in the Midwest Booksellers Trade show in September where I met many bookstore owners throughout the midwest. The book is listed in the Midwest Booksellers catalog which reaches independent bookstores throughout the midwest. I will be doing a signing at Howard Street Booksellers in Hibbing, Minnesota November 14th from 1:00-3:00. Besides writing, teaching an evening graduate class at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls is keeping me very busy. Hope your writing is rolling along,

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You ARE an inspiration, Diane - You are getting quite a bit done, my dear friend! I am so proud of you! I can't wait to hear how La Jolla goes for you this year. My prayers will be with you...this may be "IT"...you know, "The BIG one"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, YOU are an inspiration to me too! Thank you for the continuous support and encouragement. It would be great if La Jolla brings results. Yet my writing journey has already brought me the biggest rewards in meeting special friends like you along the way. Thank you for the prayers, and I will fill you in after we return.

    ReplyDelete