Apr 26, 2009

June 2009 Publication News

I presented our book Miriam Daughter of Finnish Immigrants (Outskirts Press 2008) at the Finnish-American Immigrants In Transition 2009 seminar in Turku, Finland June1-2. My sister Mary Jones, the artist who did the sketch work for the book, participated in the session. The international seminar draws researchers from Finland, Denmark, Canada and the United States. Miriam Daughter of Finnish Immigrants is a story of a family’s commitment to build a life in the barren northern Minnesota wilderness during the Great Depression. The book received a very positive response and my first visit to Finland was a wonderful experience. I promoted the book in Helsinki and Turku as we toured the cities. Check out the photos for some of my favorite sites. To order your copy of our book visit my website at http://outskirtspress.com/dianedettmann Kiitos!


3 comments:

  1. Like you Diane, the joy of writing is and has always been a centerpiece of my life. I relish each session I am able to write, and of course read other's stories.

    Enjoy the process..and embrace and relish the creative energy it gives you.

    -A fellow writer and friend in Carlsbad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just returned from Finland where I enjoyed time traveling with my sister and visiting with other writers and researchers. Plan to get back to my own writing in a few days after the jet lag clears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jet lag is gone.Thanks to "friend in Carlsbad" I will embrace the writing process and see where it takes me. I am rolling my widow book idea around in my head and am interested in hearing other people's experiences with loss and how they rebuilt their lives.

    ReplyDelete